2020 began very well for Magic Wagon with two wonderful releases early in the year. This is a perfect utility device to cleanly force 1 out of 5 billets or small cards. It is inspired by Magic Wagon’s earlier release the MasterMind Box c. 2010 (which is one of the few items I missed when it came out originally for no particular reason). It is quite similar to Louis Gaynor’s Miser’s Dream Box also from the same year, however the mechanism is quite different and easier to use with nothing hidden in your hands, or added or taken away. But what really sets this release apart is the two wonderful routines written by John M. Talbot which are very well written and really make the most of this beautiful prop.
When John gets involved you know you are in for a treat as we saw with his wonderful routine 3rd Degree Psychic included with Mini Diceloation. With Revelation! John is back in fine form. Along with writing the overall routines for the basic effect he includes two other wonderful routines:
- The Wish Box – a great idea which maximizes the experience and really engages the audience. Done well there won’t be a dry eye in the house. What is also neat about this routine is that it is very versatile and it will allow you to include all sorts of cultural references to fully capture the imagination of the audience. It can be applied to almost any theme you need for your show (Christmas, Graduation, Wedding, New Baby, Retirement, etc.)
- The Gamble – this provides a great bit of mentalism, combined with surprising finish that will have them kicking and praising you at the same time.
What John also does is to inspire you to to think about how you could use this box to improve existing routines. When you have five guaranteed outs you can often think of routines you already do that could be extended or improved with this box. Because it is a box it could possibly hold the props too, so you can provide a reason for the box in the first place and perform the standard routine and then make it stronger with a final killer revelation.
This is a wonderful box that comes with some wonderful routines and has plenty of potential besides. Great Job guys 🙂
Effect: An elegant wooden box containing a prediction is displayed. The prediction can be removed, shown on all sides and then placed back into the box. The performer now asks the spectator to freely select one of five ESP symbol cards. The choice is completely free (no force of any kind) and kept hidden from the performer. The performer then, without touching the prediction, openly drops the prediction from inside the box right into the spectator’s awaiting hand. Once unfolded, the spectator is amazed to find that the prediction from inside the box perfectly matches the chosen symbol! It is that direct.
- The box remains in full view at all times!
- There is absolutely no force of any kind!
- The effect is completely self-contained; nothing is added or taken away!
- The method is truly a mechanical marvel and no palming or sleight of hand is required!
- The effects that can be created with this system are limited only by one’s imagination! Included are John M. Talbot’s presentations for “The Wish” and “The Gamble”.
This beautiful effect has been inspired by our “MasterMind Box” which was released in very limited quantities in 2010. Subsequently Louis Gaynor and Angelo Carbone have created related effects. The mechanical “workings” of this latest version, however, are different in both construction and operation.
Hundreds of hours have gone into the development of this mechanical marvel! The method used is highly technical due to the complexity of the mechanism involved, and also as a consequence of the manufacturing processes. The brass & wood work mechanism inside is an amazing piece of construction!
The box measures approximately 8.5cms wide by 10cms tall and 8.5cms deep and is completely hand-crafted of genuine teak with a lightly distressed oil finish.
Our special thanks to John M. Talbot for the name recommendation and writing of the instructions and routine ideas.
(Notice: Includes: Printed Instructions.)( Post Source: martinsmagic.com - click for details )