Not only is this Mummy effect beautifully crafted by Buma, it really is very clever how it works. Buma has closely thought out all the steps so it looks perfect. If you watch Buma’s video performance closely it really is a fooler. Not only is the aged mummy transformed into the beautiful Golden Mummy how the heck did it get into the sarcophagus that is in the middle of the floor under the Pyramid – if you watch the video really, really closely you still probably won’t see enough to show you how it actually works.
When I was playing with this for the photos I could not believe how the switch (yes there is a switch 🙂 ) worked so smoothly and almost automatically – and every time the Golden mummy ended up in the center of the floor in the tiny Sarcophagus. That in itself is a clever feat for sure! If you love clever close-up magic or Mummies and are prepared to read the instructions you’ll have a little miracle on your hands! It is not difficult to do, but you’ll need to practice the timing to get it as smooth as Buma. I urge you to watch Buma’s video a few times because he really does a great job, and I think this is more effective when you appreciate how clean everything looks.
Effect: Performer introduces an Egyptian pyramid resting on a table. The pyramid is lifted up to reveal an ancient empty sarcophagus resting on the richly adorned tomb floor. The performer removes an ancient Egyptian parchment and from it takes a desecrated and decomposed mummy and places it into the empty sarcophagus. The tomb floor of the pyramid is covered with the pyramid and given to a spectator to hold. With a flourish of the parchment paper over the pyramid, the pyramid lid is lifted and reveals that the desecrated mummy has now transformed itself into a resurrected “gem encrusted opulent golden mummy.”
The pyramid, sarcophagus and golden mummy are now left in the hands of the spectator to their bewilderment, for all can be freely handled by the audience.
A completely original approach to the classic Wandering Mummy effect, incorporating many new magical elements and features.
- PYRAMID measures approximately 4 x 4.25 x 4.25-inches.
- MUMMIES measure approximately 1.75-inches in length.
- Inset with Austrian Swaroviski crystals onto the Golden Mummy and antique hand patina applied to the Aged Mummy.
- PYRAMID TOMB FLOOR measures approximately 4 x 4 x 4-inches.
- SARCOPHAGUS measures approximately 2-inches in length and features hand inlet hieroglyphics.
- PARCHMENT measures approximately 7 x 3.5-inches closed on specially printed, bound and aged vellum.
- Pyramid, tomb floor, sarcophagus and parchment— all feature hand-crafted and applied custom transfer “decals” and pigment in the tradition of Okito.
- Designed and hand crafted in the USA by BUMA of House Of Magic.
- Limited availability.
(An original BUMA Mummy Metamorphosis)
(Notice: Includes: Printed Instructions.)