Krazy Rabbit (KR) Professional Magic was a British magic manufacturer dealer started by Stewart Murray in 1983 . They focused on high-quality props with significant original content for working performers and professionals.
The KR Ultimate Card Box is quite unique and although it has features found in Joe Berg’s Mento-Card Box among others, I don’t think there is any other Card Box with quite as many useful features found together.
It is the sort of box that you could play with and come up with some neat routines though sadly it only works with Bridge sized cards, not Poker. It is very solidly made, though quite a lot smaller than Viking’s wonderful Euro Card Box, as can be seen in the final photo.
Effect: Magicians have used faked card boxes of various types for many years. The standard changing card box described in Hoffmann’s Modern Magic (pg. 134) is a typical example. However, most faked card boxes are not really suitable for containing and protecting the cards in the normal way. They are designed primarily to carry out some magic move. Also, it is rare to find card boxes that allow the magician to carry out several secret moves, i.e. multi-purpose boxes. KR decided to get away from the more traditional boxes and to make the starting point a box that could be used to contain a pack of cards in the normal way. So for ninety nine per cent of the time the KR Ultimate Card Box will earn its keep simply by holding a pack of cards.
From original concept to production model has taken about a year and the box has moved through no less than five prototypes. KR hopes that magicians will appreciate and benefit from the refinement and simplicity of the present design. KR believes that the box will become a magician’s tool of the trade, and that it will allow thoughtful magicians to play around and develop new moves. With this in mind we asked PETER MOFFAT the Scottish card expert to ‘have a go’ for a couple of months and this he did to some effect. KR was delighted when PETER expressed his satisfaction with the * box and its varied capabilities and told us that the. KR WEDGE was a ‘brilliant’ fake card.
- Add 1-5 cards secretly to a previously shuffled pack of cards from the outside of the box.
- Add 1-15 cards secretly to a previously shuffled pack of cards from the inside of the box.
- Steal the top card (or cards) from a previously shuffled pack of cards which has been returned to the box in the act of opening the lid.
- Steal the top card (or cards) from a previously shuffled pack of cards which has been returned to the box WHILE THE BOX IS STILL CLOSED.
- Vanish a card placed in the box.
- Vanish and subsequently steal a card placed in the box.
- Return a card to the box in the act of opening the lid.
- Use the KR WEDGE as a locator card in the normal way.
- Use the recess to gain possession of small items such as a coin.
KR claims originality for the concept of the box; for the KR SLOT; and the KR WEDGE.
(Notice: This Card Box comes with a full Paitnik (Bridge sized) deck with three special gimmicked cards which allow you to do many miracles and twelve detailed pages of instructions. You could switch out the Paitnik deck for a Bicycle Bridge sized deck though you would need to do some gluing to change out the gimmicks too.)
(Notice: Includes: Printed Instructions.)( Post Source: martinsmagic.com - click for details )